1. The kitchen should be in the south-east corner of the main building or flat.
2. The main kitchen platform should be in the east and the south-east corner. The platform should not touch the east and the south walls of the kitchen. It should be at least one to three inches away from the walls. We can also take a projection of 1 to 2 inches while constructing the kitchen.
3. Stove or gas burner should be in the south-east corner, a few inches away from the wall.
4. Adjacent to the kitchen platform, another L shaped platform, near the south wall for keeping micro oven, mixer, grinder etc. will be very useful.
5. The washbasin (sink) of the platform should be in the north-east corner as far as possible. Pitcher of water and utensils for drinking water should be in the north-east or north side.
6. Essential commodities like boxes of grain, spices, pulses etc. should be in the south or the west direction.
7. The entrance door of the kitchen should not be in any of the corners. Kitchen doors in the east, the north and the west are useful.
8. The gas burner should be in front of the main door of the kitchen.
9. There should be one or two windows or air holes in the east and the west direction of the kitchen. An exhaust fan in this gap is useful.
10. If there is a dinning table in the kitchen, it should be in the north-west or the west side.
11. Light weight articles can be kept in the east or the north.
12. Mezzanine floor in the kitchen should be towards the east.
13. While cooking, the face should be towards the east.
14. The color of the floor and the walls of the kitchen should be yellow, orange, rose, chocolate or red. However, it should not be black or white as far as possible.
15. A kitchen in the west direction can be tolerated. However, if the kitchen is in the north-east direction mental tension increases and one may suffer great losses. If the kitchen is in the south-west direction, life at home becomes difficult because of clashes.
16. If a freeze is in the kitchen, it should be in the south-east, the south, the west or the north direction. It should not be in the north-east direction. If it is in the south-west direction it should be a feet away from the corner otherwise it always gets out of order.