1. Septic tank should not be in the south-east, the north-east or the south-west corner under any condition.
2. If the north side is divided into nine equal parts it should be in the third part from the north-west direction.
3. Septic tank should not be directly touching the wall compound or the plinth of the house. I should be at least 1 or 2 ft. away.
4. Of the three parts of the septic tank water should be in the east and the excretion on the west.
5. Due to paucity of space, septic tank can built in the north corner of the west side but 1 or 2 ft. away from the compound wall.
6. Septic tank should not be higher than the plinth level of the building. It should be at ground as far as possible.